The C.O.O.L. Course
Cultured Canines’ fantastic reputation for long lasting results comes from this group course. C.O.O.L. stands for Canine Outdoor Obedience and Lifestyle course!
This is not your ordinary dog training class. This is an entire LIFESTYLE for you and your dog. We will teach you how to incorporate dog training into your everyday life. This class will show you how you can have a good dog, no treats or gimmicks required. You will be given the tools to teach and train your own dog.
Every class is hosted outdoors. Your dog will learn to listen to you in any situation, with multiple distractions. Classes are hosted at dozens of locations such as Marda loop, Olympic Plaza, Stephen Ave, and Eau Claire.
After only five weeks your dog will be able to walk next to you off leash regardless of their current age or behavior.
What you can expect to learn about:
- How dogs learn naturally
- Loose leash walking (no more pulling!)
- Patience training
- Proper fitting of a leash and collar
- Hands free walking
- Dog nutrition
- Canine developmental cycle
- Basic commands such as:
- Off leash recall
- Urban Agility
- Playing with your dog
- Dog massage
- Proper praise and reward
- Dropped leash walking
- Canine body language
- Proper greetings (human and canine)
- Mental stimulation for your dog
- Coyote Safety
- Hiking with your dog
- Grooming and massage tips
- Proper Socialization & Play
- Crate training/sleeping area
- Pet insurance advice
- Street Safety
- And SO much more!
- Classes are 7 weeks in length
- Class meets twice per week
- Each class is 1.5 hours long
Each course starts with a one hour introductory seminar. There is also a seminar midway through the course that covers canine body language signals and canine aggression!
- Martingale Collar
- 6 foot leash
- Hands free leash
- Comfortable shoes, we are always on the move!
- A good sense of humor
Specific issues that are addressed in this course
- Separation Anxiety
- Leash pulling
- And more!
Who comes to class?
- Consistency is extremely important in dog training… So bring the whole human pack!
- Everyone in your family is welcome and encouraged to come to classes!
- Friends are welcome to join in on the fun with your dog as well.
Maintaining your dog’s training
- Once you are done this course you are not done training your dog!
- This course includes 12 FREE drop in lessons!
- Additional drop-in classes are only $5 each! Come to as many as you’d like!
- Drop-in classes are an amazing way to further and maintain your dog’s education… without breaking the bank!
The fine print
- You must attend at least one drop-in class every 6 months to remain eligible for attending drop ins
- The twelve free drop ins expire one year after your course finishes
- You can only drop-in on outdoor C.O.O.L. Course lessons, not Fast Pack classes or seminars
- Indoor and Graduate classes are not eligible for free drop ins
- Hands Free Leash and collar included ($80 value)
- Introductory and Canine Communication seminar
- 12 hands on classes
- 12 drop in classes
- Total of 26 classes
- 40 total hours of instruction time
- This course costs $675 + GST
- Per hour, this is the least expensive course in Calgary!
- We offer flexible payment plans, please don’t hesitate to inquire about them
Courses run from January to October, space is limited, sign up today and experience what it’s like to TRUST your dog!