The first five months of your puppy’s life is critical to their development. Let us help you make a positive impact!
May update: We will not be offering outdoor courses until it is safe to do so. We recognize that there is still a large demand for our outdoor courses, and we thank everyone who has called and emailed to inquire about them. We are choosing to put the health and safety of our clients and staff above all else. Even though we could practice social distancing in a park outdoors, inevitably people will be focused on their dogs (which they should be!!) and get too close to other clients or staff unintentionally. COVID-19 can be deadly, and we are not taking any chances. Our online courses use the same training methods as our in person courses do, and to make sure everyone does get the outdoor course experience, participants in the online C.O.O.L. Course will get 50% off an outdoor course when it is safe for us to offer them again. We are at our best when we can seamlessly interact with you and your dogs in an outdoor setting and we don’t want to be unable to give everyone the full “Cultured Canines” experience!
This class is designed to give you the knowledge you need to get your puppy off on the right paw! We will give you both a strong training foundation while setting your puppy up for success. We will show you how to prevent any negative habits from forming later in life.
You will learn how to set appropriate rules and boundaries and build confidence in your puppy through positive socialization and new real life situations.
Unlike our adult classes, the majority of Proper Pupper classes take place indoors so we can provide a safe and focused learning environment for our puppies.
Our puppy classes are unique in that we always have adult trainer dogs present to ensure that puppies are playing appropriately and not learning bad habits from each other. This, more than anything else, makes this puppy class the best choice for you and your puppy. Learning proper play behaviours from a well trained adult dog makes a world of difference in your pup’s life long manners.
What you can expect to learn about:
- Potty training
- Treat-free training
- Preventing bad habits
- Playtime in every class
- Understanding your puppy’s mind
- Spaying & neutering advice
- Nutrition and feeding
- Name recognition
- Basic commands
- Leash walking
- Kennel training
- Separation anxiety
- Take it & leave it
- Off leash recall
- Nipping solutions
- Dog to dog greetings
- Human to dog greetings
- Grooming foundations
- Urban safety
- Toy safety
- and more!
- Puppies must be under 5 months of age at the start of the class to be eligible
- If you puppy is older, our C.O.O.L. Course or Fast Pack would be the best option for you!
- There are no minimum age requirement
- Exclusive trainers Hands Free Leash
- Martingale collar
- This class is 5 weeks long and meets twice per week
- Course begins with a 2 hour Introductory Puppy Behaviour Seminar
- 9 hands on classes that follow
- 15+ total hours of instruction time
- This course costs $475 + GST
- Graduates will receive $100 off of our C.O.O.L. Course
- The introductory seminar is mandatory to attend prior to taking the course