The first five months of your puppy’s life is critical to their development. Let us help you make a positive impact!
COVID-19 UPDATE: We are REALLY excited to be getting back to teaching, but these courses will ONLY run if it is safe to do so. Our hope is that we won’t have to postpone these lessons, but please bear in mind that it is contingent on what the recommended guidelines are at the time these courses are set to start.
Our Proper Pupper courses will now be a combination of online and in person classes.
We are keeping our seminars online and classes outdoors for safety and to maintain proper social distancing protocols. Classes will be slightly modified from our usual format for everyone’s safety. Trainers will wear masks when approaching clients and if you want hands on help with your pooch, we request that you bring a mask. Hand sanitizer will also be used before and after handling client’s dogs.
This class is designed to give you the knowledge you need to get your puppy off on the right paw! We will give you both a strong training foundation while setting your puppy up for success. We will show you how to prevent negative habits from forming later in life.
You will learn how to set appropriate rules and boundaries and build confidence in your puppy through positive socialization and new real life situations.
Unlike our adult classes, the majority of Proper Pupper classes take place indoors so we can provide a safe and focused learning environment for our puppies.
Our puppy classes are unique in that we always have adult trainer dogs present to ensure that puppies are playing appropriately and not learning bad habits from each other. This, more than anything else, makes this puppy class the best choice for you and your puppy. Learning proper play behaviours from a well trained adult dog makes a world of difference in your pup’s life long manners.
What you can expect to learn about:
- Potty training
- Treat-free training
- Preventing bad habits
- Playtime in every class
- Understanding your puppy’s mind
- Spaying & neutering advice
- Nutrition and feeding
- Name recognition
- Basic commands
- Leash walking
- Kennel training
- Separation anxiety
- Take it & leave it
- Off leash recall
- Nipping solutions
- Dog to dog greetings
- Human to dog greetings
- Grooming foundations
- Urban safety
- Toy safety
- and more!
- Puppies must be under 5 months of age at the start of the class to be eligible
- If you puppy is older, our C.O.O.L. Course would be the best option for you!
- There are no minimum age requirement
- Only the first round of vaccines are required
- Your puppy must be up to date on their vaccines
- Exclusive Cultured Canines Hands Free Leash
- Cultured Canines Martingale collar
- Five online learning seminars
- Five in person practise sessions
- One free day of daycare at Paws Dog Daycare
- Discount on five day daycare package at Paws Dog Daycare
- This class is 5 weeks long and meets twice per week
- There are 5 Zoom lessons and 5 Hands on classes
- Course begins with an Introductory Puppy Behaviour Seminar split into two sessions
- One online seminar per week where you will learn all the content
- One hands on lesson per week where you will get to practice what you learned with our guidance
- This course costs $475 + GST
- Graduates will receive $100 off of our C.O.O.L. Course
- 50% off our fully online Proper Puppers course
- The introductory seminar is mandatory to attend prior to taking the course
Live out of town?
Haven’t got your puppy yet but want to get a jump start on your education? Do you live outside of Calgary or do you not want to meet with others in person? Check out our FULLY online puppy course! This course covers almost everything our in person classes do and will give you all the information you need to deal with problem puppy behaviours and create an awesome puppy! Our online course uses the same behaviour training methods that our in person classes do too!